Friday, July 21, 2006

Niece and Sheen

The good thing about dad being home again is that I can re-access the camera, which I brought to the lunch meeting yesterday (pix below).

The bad thing about him being home is the return of his girlfriend's perpetual presence plaguing the house again. Sigh.

Recently, she has begun to steal from my hoarde of snacks. Whilst I'm trying to maintain my courtesy in dealing with her and her antics, I feel I'm beginning to lose my struggle with Patience.

It is not as though I intend to keep all my snacks for myself. It's just that I don't understand why she cannot, as an adult, behave like one and respect other people's property. I wouldn't have minded at all if she could have just asked me first. It doesn't mean that being my dad's girlfriend allows her unlimited access to my things as well.

Talking to dad about her is useless as he gets unnaturally defensive and I'll be tempting another war.

Maybe the only way out of this crappy situation is to marry and move out. Until I can actually afford to move out, which could take a long time in such a fine city, I'll probably have to bear with this bane of my life.

Dear mum, I'm really glad you don't have to bear this as well. I only pray that when you look down at us from heaven you could do something to ease your daughter's pain.

...

On a happier note, (yes, I'm trying to steer from this being another emotional post) yesterday's lunch was quite successful. We met at Holland Village and had my old fave, Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao :)


Taryn and Gabriel, originally uploaded by hesedetang.

Here's Sol and Taryn making friends :)




Taryn's Armrest!, originally uploaded by hesedetang.

LOL! Taryn gets a new armrest and Sol gets a pacifier flung at his ear!! ROFL!!




Retrieval.., originally uploaded by hesedetang.

Retrieval of the pacifier that started it all :D Look at Sol's forced smile wahaha!!




Gabriel, originally uploaded by hesedetang.

After the armrest and pacifier flinging, you can see I haven't really gotten over it.. Here's me laughing like mad and Sol unsure of how to react lol!



I still can't believe she's already 5months old! Just yesterday she was only a day old at KKH and we rushed down with goodies for her and Junk :)

She was really delightful and didn't cry a single time the entire afternoon :) Didn't struggle at all when I carried her, and kept laughing whenever Sol played with her :)

During the lunch, Andy said sarcastically of me, "she (Taryn) must be thinking who's that mad woman beside her.."

And I said, "well, her mum is very noisy too, so should be no problem!"

Hahaha, which is really true, we are well-matched when it comes to howling with laughter and screaming in CS :P You can ask Rz, Sol, Gerg, tbt, JL or ES to prove my point :P

Also I think what they say about babies recognising sounds they hear from when they are inside their mummies tummies is really true. I used to accompany Junk and her hubby whenever they had their monthly checkup at KKH during her pregnancy, and we also went out in groups with them and made lots of noise :) So most likely she can recognise my voice (and laughter) from her "distant" past.

As for her personality, she seems completely like my sis. She loves going out, and meeting everyone, even strangers. She loves to laugh too and seems to love all things colourful. And I suspect she has a violent streak from all that in-tummy CS exposure she's gotten..

That's cos she was busy whacking me with her waving arms and pulling my hair whenever she got excited haha :D

Here's Junk's entry for yesterday's lunch :D

...

Yesterday after the lunch and a drink at TCC, Sol said he wanted to buy a new watch, so we headed over to my favourite watch buying place at Bencoolen ehehe, names will not be divulged.

This shop has seen me through about 4 years of watch purchasing, and they specialise in a generally wide range of Casio watches, all at prices 30-60% (depending on the model) lower than elsewhere!

I've taken JL there before, and he made a successful purchase. That shows this shop can withstand even the most picky customers! LOL!

As I'd already expected, Sol got his watch, and even found himself a clock. And it is all HIS fault that I also felt I had to buy a watch!

Here's the Casio Sheen 4000, an older model, but it won my heart with its elegant, classic lines and shimmery, cool face.
Was admiring this the whole time, but I felt $52 was too much for an impulse buy at first. So I looked around at cheaper models, and almost paid up until Sol and Rz kept psychoing me to get this one.

So I caved in :s

On my hand..








...

Sigh, term's already begun. I wish I could just hide somewhere and come out when it's all over.


- 21 July 2006 11:55am -

No comments: